NVFF Presents Cinema Calistoga September 7-9, 2022 at Mount View Hotel
For Immediate Release
CINEMA CALISTOGA INAUGURAL EVENT LAUNCHES WITH DINNER AND A SHOW SEPTEMBER 7 – 9, 2022
Presented by the Napa Valley Film Festival, the Three Film Series Includes a Three Course Dinner Inspired by Each Film Prior To Screening
Napa, California (August 12, 2022) – The Napa Valley Film Festival (NVFF) announced a special event in the town of Calistoga that brings together food, wine and film. Cinema Calistoga will be three special screenings including a dinner inspired by the film. The series kicks off Wednesday night with “Big Night” starring Stanley Tucci and Tony Shalhoub (September 7), “The Trip to Spain” starring Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon (September 8) and “I am Bolt,” a documentary about legendary track star Usain Bolt (September 9). All events will be held in the recently renovated outdoor screening venue at the Mount View Hotel & Spa, 1457 Lincoln Avenue, Calistoga.
Prior to each screening, a special three course culinary tribute to the film will be created by local restaurants and chefs including Chef Rebecca White-Keefe, Nicholas Montanez, and Doctor Dread, as well as wines from the Napa region. Tickets for each event including screening, food and wine are $150.
“The idea of bringing cinema, food and wine to singular event is an exciting evolution of the Napa Valley Film Festival,” said Cinema Napa Valley board member Michael Woods. “We so appreciate the generous support from The Calistoga Chamber of Commerce for making this possible and look forward to bringing some very special evenings to the visitors and people in our town.”
The Cinema Calistoga Schedule:
Wednesday September 7 at 6:00 p.m.
- Film: “Big Night” starring Stanley Tucci and Tony Shalhoub
- Dinner: Italian cuisine provided by Chef Rebecca White-Keefe from Mangia Mi and wines from Ballentine Vineyards.
- Synopsis: New Jersey, 1950s. Two brothers run an Italian restaurant. Business is not going well as a rival Italian restaurant is out-competing them. In a final effort to save the restaurant, the brothers plan to put on an evening of incredible food.
Thursday September 8 at 6:00 p.m.
- Film: “The Trip to Spain” starring Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon
- Dinner: Spanish cuisine provided by local Chef Nicolas Montanez along with wine from Reverie Winery.
- Synopsis: Actors Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon embark on a road trip through Europe. This time they’re in Spain, sampling the restaurants, eateries, and sights along the way.
Friday September 9 at 6:00 p.m.
- Film: “I am Bolt” about the legacy of the fastest man in history, Usain Bolt.
- Dinner: Jamaican cuisine provided by Chef and Record Producer “Doctor Dread” and wines from Lola Wines.
- Synopsis: Follow the sprinting legend as he prepares to go for gold at the 2016 Rio Olympics. Competing in the 100m and 200m races, Bolt attempts to make history by winning these events for a record third time.
Ticket Information: Tickets for Cinema Calistoga including film and accompanying dinner can be purchased on the website here: https://www.napavalleyfilmfest.org/attend/intimate-evenings-mount-view/
Sponsors: The Calistoga Chamber of Commerce, Mount View Hotel & Spa, Mangia Mi, Ballantine Vineyards, Nicholas Montanez, Reverie Winery, Lola Wines and Doctor Dread.
For more information visit www.napavalleyfilmfest.org.
About the Napa Valley Film Festival
The Napa Valley Film Festival (NVFF) is celebration that blends the art of film, food, and wine. Discover the best new independent films of the year, savor exquisite cuisine paired with legendary wines, and create lasting memories found only in the Napa Valley. The Napa Valley Film Festival is presented by Cinema Napa Valley, a registered 501c3 non-profit organization headquartered in Napa, California. Cinema Napa Valley’s mission is to celebrate the cinematic arts and enrich the community by presenting an annual world-class festival and year-round education and outreach programs. Visit napavalleyfilmfest.org for more information on passes and festival events. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
# # #
Ron.Hofmann@scenariopr.com[wpdevart_facebook_comment curent_url="https://www.napavalleyfilmfest.org/nvff-presents-cinema-calistoga-september-7-9-2022-mount-view-hotel/" order_type="social" title_text="Facebook Comments" title_text_color="#000000" title_text_font_size="22" title_text_font_famely="monospace" title_text_position="left" width="100%" bg_color="#d4d4d4" animation_effect="random" count_of_comments="3" ]